Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas!


I want to take this day to thank you all for your love this last year...I am humbled and so appreciative of all your support... your comments, emails, and notes of encouragement...it has meant so very much to me!!  I can't wait to  see what 2017 has in store!!
I hope you all enjoy this Christmas...no matter where life finds you.  We all have reason for joy and things to be thankful for.  While taking Noah to his doctor's appointment on Wednesday, I was having difficulty getting my 6'1" boy, in his wheelchair, into the office door.  I had a very kind older woman help open the door and kept it open while I brought him in.  I brought him in so that he wasn't facing the waiting room tv(which had one of his favorite TV shows on), so I kindly explained to the woman, and it seemed her daughter(my age) and disabled son, that I needed to turn my son around in front of them, but he is so long, and even with a brand new wheelchair(which he got a couple weeks ago), it is difficult to maneuver him.  The mother of the grown disabled son said, "I know just what you mean!" She spoke so kindly!  Her son's name was called shortly after that, and the mother proceeded to lift her grown son, put him over her shoulder, and then CARRIED him into his appointment.  I cry as I write this.  I'm not going to lie...life can be challenging.  BUT, I am so thankful...thankful for a wheelchair... thankful that I don't have to carry my disabled son over my shoulder and back.  If life is wonderful, wonderful!  But... no matter whether how challenging or wonderful life can be, try to find joy and be merry.  If ever there was a holiday for it, this is it!!  I am thankful for Jesus and all the joy and hope and merry that He gives me in my life, no matter what this world throws at me!!  Happy Birthday, Jesus, and again, Merry Christmas to you all!!!!   
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

14 comments:

  1. Oh my 💔 I have no words. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thanks MUCH for your continued inspiration.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this story - it's humbling to me, as I go through my life in relative good health and with ease. Bless you, and this other family, for the love and patience you practice every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this Lisa. Makes one think for sure.
    Merry Christmas a may you be blessed in 2017!
    Hugs and thank for always inspiring me
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said Lisa. Life is full of challenges for all of us in one way or another. We need to take pause from time to time and be thankful for the good in our lives and this is certainly a time to do that!
    Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you too and thank you for sharing this humbling and thought provoking story. There are all kinds of heroes! Much love and good wishes for 2017. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post, it touched my heart this morning. So many people have different trials and struggles. So thankful for His mercy and grace each and every day. God bless you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We chose our son knowing his disabilities. He came into our hearts at 4years of age. It seemed an impossible task to move him into a group home 34 years later. I cried and he took my hand and said in his usual one-word sentences, "Pray." We did and we do. He is incredibly happy in his new home, with friends every day and an incredible staff that can meet his needs 24 hours a day, something that was beating us up. We feel so blessed to have found this place. Yesterday we took him and my disabled sister in law (who is also now in a group home after many years with us) out for a Chinese Christmas dinner. It was an amazing time, a gift to us from our Savior on His birthday. And last night I slept through the night without waking up once, a first since back surgery 9 months ago. Feeling blessed beyond measure this morning. Thanks for sharing your story and letting me share mine. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing YOUR story, Suzi...so happy to hear your son is happy and you have had some sleep...both are SO important in this thing we call life...blessings to you!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. Merry Christmas, Lisa, to you and your family. Thank-you for sharing this moving story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. God is so good at showing us how much He cares through people who touch or life and the little things that happen to lift our spirits. Glad you were touched and able to be encouraged in the midst of a struggle. Hugest of ((hugs)) to you and blessings for an amazing 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been following your post for sometime now. I remember your family and Noah in my prayers. Praying helps me keep things in perspective. I hope this New Year will be very happy for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa, You are an amazing mom and person. Your gratitude is contagious and made me realize I need to say it more often directly to people. God bless you always and thanks for sharing this experience with us and for your talents.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing story, Lisa, and what a joy to know that Jesus is always with you. You are an inspiration and a bright light shining for Him! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa