Friday, June 10, 2016

Hexagons in Rainbows...

I have wanted to make a card with hexagons for a while...and am in a rainbow mood, so...well...I made THREE hexagon rainbow cards:)!!  I LOVE the Simon Says Stamp hexagon dies from the Perfect Shapes die set...they are smaller hexagons than the others that I own, and I think that makes them so much more versatile when it comes to using them on cards!  I must admit, though, I die cut LOTS of hexagons in many colors, and in all the four sizes, but then couldn't come up with a pattern that I really liked...SO...when you need inspiration...I took to Google, and googled cards with hexagons!   I came up with one by Debby Hughes that I loved...you can find it HERE on Pinterest (I tried to link to her blog, but could not)...thank you so much for the beautiful inspiration, Debby!!  I loved the one-two-one pattern of her hexagons!   I used the layout of her hexagons on all three of my cards...in different ways.  Here's the first...
 I layered the hexagons, used a T ruler to line up the shapes, and a sentiment from Altenew.  Here's a close up...

 The second one is like the first, but the colors lie underneath the die cut outs.  The sentiment is also Altenew, as well as some more enamel dots...
 Here's a close up...

The third one, I tried to use up some of the larger die cut hexagons.  I layered them, and adhered them to white cardstock.  I cut out around the white yardstick with scissors, and adhered the whole thing onto a black card.  I used a Painted Hello die cut sentiment from Simon Says Stamp...
 Here's a close up...
Ok...you know me and rainbows...sheer happiness...and such fun!!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Nice cards! I especially like the cursive words...it goes well with all the hexagons

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so fabulous, Lisa! Amazing how 1 design can look so different, but you've done it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your sharing the dies used 2 ways - as cutouts and as pop ups; thanx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I continue to find your work FUN & INSPIRED! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you showed the versatility a bit of imagination can produce...thank you for giving mine such a darling nudge!! I'm a big rainbow fan, like you.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa