Monday, April 18, 2016

Sail Away Birthday Cards

My amazing son-in-law turned 30 a couple days ago!  He had a "Hook" themed party, so I made him a remake of a pirate card I had made a couple years ago.  While out on my desk, I decided to use the Simon Says Stamp sailboat die(such a cute little die!!) I had opted NOT to use for his card, to make another birthday card...

I decided to die cut three different striped patterned papers for my sailboats, layered them, then mixed them up when I adhered them to the card.  I used a sentiment from Simon Jumbo Stripes stamp set.  Here's a close up...

Oh...here's the card I made for my amazing Nic...
It's A LOT like the  one I made HERE...there are not a lot of pirate stamps out there...love this Clearly Besotted set!    I versamarked the waves to give them some depth of color.  Here's a close up of the card I made for Nic...
Hope you have a marvelous Monday:)!!   Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. The cards are adorable and great for those men in you life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect CAS - and I love the sailboat card ;))
    Greetings Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect cards for the themed birthday...love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - 2 beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cool! Can't wait to case, but day 39 in hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sailboats are adorable! I love how you mixed the papers. What a fantastic pirate card, I bet he loved it!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa