Monday, April 25, 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch 169...Love and Hugs

The sketch this week at CAS(E) this Sketch was one where I was kinda scratching my head, but am trying to challenge myself, and I had an idea, so here's my take on the sketch and the sketch...

I used the My Favorite Things Lots of Love dies, Simon Says Stamp Holiday Shapes and Stitched Rectangles, and the discontinued Papertrey Ink Simple Stripes Impression Plate.  I layered the "love & hugs" 4x, using some rainbow patterned paper (Doodlebug). Popped up the panel over the die cut out hearts(I positioned 6 already die cut hearts with a t-ruler...THEN die cut).   Here's a close up...
I love CAS(E) this Sketch...their sketches rock!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Really cute card, Lisa. I love your take on the sketch, the die cut hearts, the rainbow paper...all go together to make a great card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    I have these dies, so I think I'll use your design for the inside of my Mom's mother's day card. I follow your blog and pin almost everything you do...So creative and I love a CAS design.
    If you have time to answer this question...
    You use a lot of pinstripe paper on your cards. Do you make your own using a pinstripe background stamp, or do you use patterned paper?
    LOVE your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this card, the rainbow paper is patterned paper, the debossed pattern is a retired impression plate by Papertrey Ink. That's a great question, though. I am LOVING striped patterned paper, of late, so I use it on a lot of my cards. The small pinstripes you might see are made with a stamp from Impression Obssession (I think MFT makes one, as well). I like using my really white cardstock with black ink and that stamp, to get some real black/white contrast on my cards, and also, so the white of the stripe matches the rest of the card. I have a real problem with black/white striped patterned paper, as often the white is really off white, and when used with other elements of the card that use really white cardstock, it just looks "off". I'm a bit of a perfectionist...sigh... Thanks for your question...hope this makes sense! Hugs!!

      Delete
  3. This is so sweet, Lisa! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Your cards rock! Always so classy...yet fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that Doodle Bug paper!!! Fabulous take on the sketch ... thanks for playing cards with us this week!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa