Monday, August 20, 2012

CAS-ual Friday 66...Smiling Starfish

Wow...the cards from last week's challenge were amazing!!  Way to be square, everyone!!
This week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is to make a clean and simple card featuring something you might find or see at the ocean...
The sponsor this week is Stop and Scrap and the winner will receive a $20 gift certificate to do some fun shopping...
Be sure to check out the CAS-ual Fridays blog to get all the deets about this wonderful company and the special offer they are giving to all the participants of this week's challenge:):)!!  Here's my card...
Thanks to my daughter, Emma, for her creative suggestion...I had another card made, which I may put up later, but thought her idea of a shaped card made me so much happier!! I decided on a starfish...so, I googled starfish and came up with a pic that I downloaded and made a bit smaller...HERE'S the link.  I then put some doubled Daffodil Delight card stock behind the copy and cut the starfish.  I used a spotted embossing folder and brayered some tangerine tango on the inside of the folder. I placed one of the cut out starfish in the folder, and ran it through my Big Shot.  I could not fit the entire star into the folder the first time, so the bottom foot where you see the attached sentiment is where I had to run him through a second time for the fifth foot.  I attached the sentiment over the mismatched embossing.  Attached the second cut out starfish to the front one and lined with white paper(not a whole lot of space to write on this guy:)!!)...but my daughter took him to Tennessee with a friend in mind to give him to:)!!  
Make sure to check out the CAS-ual Blog and CAS-ual Friday on Facebook to get some wonderful inspiration and join the fun this week!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Oh I so love this sea star Lisa. Just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This rocks! Loving all the texture, his cute little grin and the genius application of the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this! So so clever Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super! A starfish is perfect for this challenge. Your's is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this little guy...... I just want to reach out and touch that bumpy texture :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun star fish, When I first saw this, I immediately though Kellogg corn flakes. so cute. Thanks for your sweet visit and luv. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa