Thursday, May 3, 2012

An Old Inspiration

I was cleaning out my card picture folders on my computer the last couple days....eye ye ye...what a mess!!  Well...that led to a few pics I had downloaded from an inspiration challenge at Splitcoaststampers  2 YEARS AGO...using old record covers:)!!  The challenge was based on a site called Project Thirty-Three which showcases vintage record album covers.  You might be interested in taking a peak if you're needing some inspiration...very cool colors and shape!!  Here's the inspiration album cover and my card...2 years after the challenge:):)...

Just in case you're curious...this is how I did it...  I punched 1" circles from cardstock and very thin chipboard and layered 25 circles....yes, it's a lot of circles...but NOT hard!!  This is a 4 1/4" square card, so I used a 3"square spellbinders square die and cut out from a 4 1/4" square piece of copy paper
Then I layered the middle 9 circles into the 3" square and adhered them on to black card.
Then I used a ruler to line up the side circles
and then trim all the edges.  Here's a closer look at the added dimension of the circles
Added Paper Smooches sentiment in the bottom corner whole circle
Yeah!!!  Now I can delete another photo out of my folder!!!!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

11 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I love your precision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Love it, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Love the added dimension of the chipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Lisa, puts me in mind of board game chips! Love the retro design :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I love the dimension and eye-catching pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is brilliant Lisa.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stinking cool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Another one to case!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really effective! Thanks for showing us how. x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa